Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Small Town

Everytime I see this picture it makes me smile. It was taken at my parents house last spring. I have lots of great memories there and it always makes me feel better. It is true after two days of being there I get extremely bored but I love it anyway. I grew up in a small farming community in Northwest Ohio called Leipsic. We never had any fast food restaurants or movie theatre. You had to drive 15 - 20 minutes just to go to McDonalds, which by the way I never ate at a McDonalds until I was twelve years old. I still do the same rituals when I get home. I go to the Viking Corner for lunch to get a pizza alumni sandwich (they are yummy) and I go to the small independent drug store to look around. I sit in my dad's hottub and request my favorite meals from Mom. In the last year or so, I have gone home a lot more than usual do to my illness. Sometimes a girl just needs her mom and dad to make everything feel alright even if it really isn't. I wonder whether I will ever feel well or normal again. All I have in life at this moment is the hope that I will.

No comments: