Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Lake

Denver at the lake Cannon Digital Rebel XT

I loved my grandfather. He passed away seven years ago and I was devastated. I lived right down the street from my grandparents and I saw my grandfather everyday for almost 18 years of my life. Whenever I wanted an icecream treat or I was pissed at my parents, I would ride my bike down to see gramps. When I was in kindergarten, my grandfather bought a little cottage on Lake Diane in Camden, Michigan. I loved going up there with him and spending time. It was poorly decorated and grandma had all kinds of embarassing knick knacks in it but we loved it anyways. Several years ago, my parents bought the cottage from my grandmother. I have been going up there for 27 years and I still love it. My parents re-did the decor (thank god) but it is so relaxing and I am so happy when I am there. My dog especially loves it. He can swim whenever he want and he loves to ride in the boat. I am so grateful that my grandpa was wise enough to buy the cottage and that he left a legacy for all the future Rigel's. I miss my gramps everyday but when I am at the lake, I feel that he is right there.

No comments: