Wednesday, February 13, 2008

just be...


Denver the great outdoor dog


Sometimes I am jealous of my dog, Denver. He truly lives in the moment. He doesn't sit around during the day and wish things were different. Living with an illness is tough. There are many minutes of every day wasted on wishing I could go back in time or wishing that I would be miraculously healed. I grieve for all the things I have lost along the way and grieve the things that will not be accomplished in the future. I admit it I feel sorry for myself at times and the pain sucks me into a deep abyss. When I get into this funky "woe is me mood" I just have to let it out. I allow myself to cry for 10 minutes and then I throw myself into work, knitting or writing. I give myself a pep talk and hope that tomorrow will bring a ray of light.

No comments: