Monday, March 17, 2008

little church in the country...


my childhood church, canon digital rebel xti


I am going home this weekend not only for my Dad's birthday but because it is Easter Sunday. For thirty five years, I have attended Easter sunrise service at the church my great, great grandfather founded, which also happens to be right down the road from where I grew up. As a kid I hated going to Easter service because you had to be there at 7 am. I wanted to sleep in and see what the Easter bunny brought:-)

This church has a lot of special memories for me. Many of the elders of the church have since passed but I still can remember all of those special gents and ladies. My grandparents also attended this church. Every Sunday I would sit with my Gramps and then go out to eat with him at the place of my choosing. I was very close to my Grandpa and I can't sit in this church without thinking of him when we sing one of his favorite hymns. It always brings tears to my eyes.

He was a big part of my upbringing. I saw him everyday for most of my life. Although he is no longer here... I think of him often and carry him in my heart always.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Tricia~*~
your little church looks very much like my own here at home (it is over a hundred years old)and we too will all attend the morning service together.

...at least that is my hope, I haven't been able to make it the last couple of years.

I just wanted you to know that I pray for you often ever since you commented a couple of weeks ago. I tried to leave a message for you, but blogger has been acting up on this side of Cali. They have finally accknowledged it and are trying to fix it.

I spent some time reading about your story and it pains me to know that you suffer the way you do. I am so sorry.

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone...and because of this crazy blogging community, you now have a new friend in prayer for you.

hope this finds you well, beautiful soul...

cyber hugs,
Darlene