Sunday, March 16, 2008

mon pere


My dad with Denver, canon digital rebel xti



My Dad turns 60 this weekend. It is so hard to believe. It seems like yesterday when he was my age (35). I love my dad. He can do anything. He can restore and refinish furniture, remodel a house, build something from scratch or just plain figure something out. He isn't afraid to try and I guess I got that talent from him. He loves landscaping and using his hands much like me. Growing up, he pushed me to be better and it drove me crazy then but now I appreciate it.

For instance, he never thought my track coach worked me hard enough during practice so he would make me run additional sprints at home. He would follow me with his truck and threaten to run over me :-) He also was at every meet or basketball game giving me advice and coaching me from the stands or from the corner. My Dad has always been there when I really needed him. Thanks Dad!

No comments: