Monday, April 14, 2008

My obsessions...


a fraction of my cookbook collection, canon digital rebel xti


I haven't posted in awhile due to my latest obsession, working out. I am one of those personalities that does nothing half ass. When I make up my mind, I am all in if you know what I mean. I don't like working out but I am sick of being fat and sluggish so for now I will press on. I never knew how much time you really had to put in when you are trying to lose a mere two pounds a week. I work out for 60 minutes twice a week with a trainer and then I do 3 - 4 hours of cardio on my own (YUCK)! It leaves me little time for the other obsessive fibers of my life (photography, cooking, knitting, designing jewelry, sewing rad curtains, eating, reading blogs, etc).

I also find as I get older that I collect and hoard weird items. Growing up I hated the way my grandma decorated. She had every prized collection displayed proudly throughout her house. We are talking glass clowns, gone with the wind plates, sound of music plates, norman rockwell plates, red glass, fenton glass, pink glass, blue glass, etc. I swore I was never going to be a collector.

Although I do not have any collections displayed anywhere in my house I do have large quantities of the following stashed away:

Retro Pyrex (Every color and pattern that exists)
Retro Tupperware (Avocado green, orange, yellow, and brown)
Playing Cards
Collecting cookbooks (Vintage and new)

All of the above started out by inheriting from family members and then it grew from there. I find myself stopping at an occasional garage sale in the summer looking for the rare piece I may not have. Every once in awhile I get lucky and it makes my day :-)

1 comment:

Darlene said...

AWE...look at your banner :)
I love changes...I would change mine every week if I had the patience...blah!

Sorry...i hate working out, but I am very happy to see other people do it (like my husband ;)

sorry again...cooking is NOT my thing, but I wil eat almost anything on a salad :)...

...almost :)

have a great weekend Tricia,
xoxo darlene