Friday, April 04, 2008

on the rocks...


camden rocks, canon digital rebel xti


Recently one of my dear friends called for some advice. She is going through a rocky time. I suggested that she get a copy of "Streams in the Desert" by L.B. Cowman. It is a daily devotional book that gives you a little lift everyday. When I was really at my sickest not caring if I lived or died, my Aunt gave this book to me. It did help snap me back into reality and helped give me something to hang on to. So many times I read a passage and had an aha moment. It was if the message was meant for me and only me to read.

I encourage anyone who reads this blog to pick up a copy or give a copy to someone you know going through a difficult ordeal.

I will part with a favorite quote by Stansifer
Do not get discouraged - it may be the last key on the ring that opens the door.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

omg...an extremely wonderful person in my life gave me an antique very old copy of that book and it has held me up through so many storms in my life.

I love that book so much and always tell people about it. I think it takes a certain kind of sensitivity to understand it all, but for those who do, they usually fall in love with it too.

see...we have something else in common :)

warm hugs Tricia,
xox darlene