Tuesday, May 27, 2008

catch up...


the lake cottage, canon digital rebel xti


I have not been feeling well the past week so I have not had the energy to post anything interesting. I thought I would catch you up on the past week. I finally finished the round trip sweater (it doesn't look as amazing as I thought it would). I went to the lake this weekend to spend some time with my mom. My dad was only able to join us one day (boo!). He farms 1200 acres with my uncle and it was planting time. Yes, I am a daddy's girl. I still managed to have a great time with my Mom. Lots of shopping, garage sales and the world's largest flea market. I was in three states in one day (Ohio, Michigan and Indiana). We spent all of our money on needless crap. We spent all of our petty cash and thought we may have to use our debit card at the toll booth on the drive home. Luckily, I shook my purse and some coins fell out :-). I have been taking a long break from working out because my body just can't take it. My joints and muscles feel like I am 90 years old thanks to my chronic illness that I loathe. And speaking of being old... my mom and I have this discussion over the weekend while at the flea market...

Me: Hey, Mom are you going to buy grandma a new outfit for her goose outside?
Mom: (Laughing)No, your grandpa hit the goose with the mower and the head fell off.
Me: What? Did she junk it?
Mom: No, she still has it outside and she changed it's clothes.
Me: Without a head?
Mom: Yep.
Me: Doesn't grandma think that is morbid? Is grandpa going to buy her a new one?
Mom: I don't know.
Me: Crap, I new I was going to regret not bringing my camera home

No comments: