Saturday, May 17, 2008

the whole day just for me...


crackling fire, canon digital rebel xti

This weekend my husband went to Chicago for work so Denver and I were home alone. I decided to plan a very selfish day just for me. I slept in until 11 AM and then I had a nice leisurely lunch. I then decided that I desperately needed a new haircut and some highlights. I was feeling very spontaneous so I decided to risk a new salon. I was a walk in (something I swore never to do). They told me that John would be able to fit me right in. I thought to myself... is it a bad thing that someone could fit me right it? Did someone not show? Was it my lucky day? Did this guy suck at cutting hair?

When John appeared, the little voice inside my head was saying "Flee!", "Get the heck out of dodge!" I felt ill. John had to be the oldest male hairdresser I have ever seen. He also looked like he just rolled out of bed (like me) and that he had been out all night on a bender. I was extremely hesitant but the polite vein in me wouldn't allow me to lie and say that UM... I AM SORRY BUT I THINK I HAVE FOOD POISONING, I GOT TO RUN. LATER, DUDE!

I told John that I wanted a trim, highlights and bangs and kept my fingers crossed. Everything he did freaked me out from the way he kept checking my highlights under the dryer to the way he dried my hair. I was expecting to look in the mirror and see the Bride of Frankenstein but instead was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. I have to say this might be the best haircut I have ever had :-) Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

I topped off the day with a manicure/pedicure, chick flicks and a crackling fire. The best part is my husband wasn't here to make me feel guilty or see the bill!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

YOU are way too funny...you and I would get along great. I had a similar experience, but my guy was 6'7" and had the biggest hands EVER!

He was gay, very sweet and way entertaining...I have been going to him ever since...and pre explain him to anyone I send to him ;D

Weekends without the guys are Fabulous...shhhhhhhhhh (;P)

love to you,
xoxox darlene